After a tournament/ league has been created within the Connect system tournament staff will need to be added to this area in order to properly manage the configurations.
To add a new user to your tournament please follow these steps:
- To add a new user, you will first want to look up the user in the platform.
- To look up a user, choose Lookup Contact from the top of the form to open a pop-up search window.
- Enter the user’s last name and first name in the pop-up search window.
- If the user exists in the platform, the user profile will display. If this is the correct user, choose Select beside their name and their information will be pre-populated in the form.
- If no results are found, choose Close to exit out of the pop-up search window.
- Enter the users information in the form including:
- User Type –Choose the user’s role in the tournament. (This information is used to pull reports.)
- First and Last Name
- Business Title (if applicable)
- Address, Country, City, State, and Zip Code
- At least one phone number
- Valid email address
- Choose a Level of Access – This will assign a user’s level of permission and system access within the tournament.
- Create a username and password and share it with the user
- Choose Add Contact
NOTE: If you wish to copy a group of users from a previous tournament you can utilize the Copy Users From Selected Gaming/ Tournament drop down menu. Once the tournament has been selected, their data will generate under the security tab.
- If edits need to be made to a Security user after they have been added, click Edit across from their name.
- If the user is no longer associated with the tournament, you can remove them from the Security tab by clicking Delete across from their name.
NOTE: This will not delete their profile from the Connect system, simply remove their access from the respective tournament.
By default three security roles (Tournament Director, Scorekeeper and Flight Administrator) are available for tournament organizers to classify a user’s level of access. If these roles do not exactly meet the needs of your tournament, the option to create customized roles is available on this page.
Select a role from the list box on the right, or input the name of a new role using the text box and click the "Create" button to create a new role. Choose the access rights for this role by checking the appropriate boxes.
NOTE: If you want to create a custom role for your tournament, it is recommended to contact your Technical Account Manager to ensure the role is configured properly.